'1720' sports boat.
Originally marketed as the 'Cork 1720' in recognition of the Royal Cork Yacht Club, the oldest yacht club in the world
The 1720 Sportsboat is a pedigree racing keelboat, providing safe, affordable and exhilarating one design fleet racing.Ideal for running mini regattas. 4 crew plus skipper.
Price: available at request.
These boats offer a fantastic opportunity for clients to get a hands on feel for sailing.
LOA: 8.00m - Beam: 2.50m - Draft: 1.60m - Displacement: 1365kgs
|HULL & DECK:|
• Hand laminated GRP hull, finished in white gelcoat, reinforced by a gridpan, bulkheads and stringers
• Hand laminated GRP deck, finished in light grey gelcoat, balsa sandwich laminate on horizontal surfaces, integral non skid pattern
• Cast lead, low CG keel, bolted to a hull recess, with stainless steel nuts and counter plates
• A single point lifting eye is attached to the top of the keel
RUDDER & STEERING GEAR:
• Transom-hung GRP aerofoil rudder with strong stainless steel fittings
• Tiller with extension
OUTBOARD MOTOR STOWAGE:
• Separate locker at the fore-end of the cockpit with hinged lid and flush mounted latch allowing direct access and convenient outboard storage
SPARS & RIGGING:
• Seldèn/Proctor mast, tapered top section, 2 pairs of aerofoil profile spreaders
• Seldèn/Proctor boom, Internal 6:1 outhaul and reef line
• Seldèn/Proctor bowsprit, tapered, carbon fibre, retractable
• Dyform and 1x19 stainless steel rigging, complete with bottle screws and toggles, plus a Dyneema adjustable backstay with controls to both sides of cockpit
• Running rigging is a combination of Dyneema and braid line and includes:
2:1 main halyard; jib halyard; fractional and masthead asymmetric spinnaker halyards
4:1 cunningham tackle; 16:1cascade vang system; 2 x 6:1 jib sheets; spi tack line; main sheet with 20:1 fine tune and traveller control line
• Windex on top of the mast, plus backstay crane with batten, to clear backstay in manoeuvres
For the CLUB Version, delete masthead spinnaker halyard and add Facnor or Harken Type 0 Jib furling system.
DECK FITTINGS – mainly Harken Carbo series:
• Two speed Harken 16.2 winch with locking handle
• Harken Genoa Sheet system:
* 2 x 0.6m Harken jib tracks plus end caps, with adjustable Harken cars
* 2 x ratchet sheet blocks
* 4 x Harken cam cleats for head sail primary and fine tune
* 4 x asymmetric sheet blocks, 2 with ratchets.
• Spinlock rope clutches for halyards, tack line and reefing line, all leading to the centre-mounted winch.
• Full main sheet system with 20:1 fine tune, and traveller, using Harken cars and blocks etc
• Bowsprit control line leading under-deck to Harken cam cleat
• Plastimo 925 bilge pump, optional extra of 3-way valve to outboard compartment in cockpit floor
• Vetus opening hatch for access to storage below
• Low profile 60mm high stainless safety rail, with integral attachment points for asymmetric blocks
• Stainless steel cross bar to hold spinnaker divider bags
• Stainless steel cross bar on the transom for strength and safety